I can't change my profile email address because it says "another user has this profile email address"
When you update your profile email address, DoneDone might tell you that another user has the profile email address even if that user isn't in your account.
This means that you either signed up awhile back in a different DoneDone account, created a public issue under that email, or were sent an invite to that email address sometime in the past but never completed registration.
If you'd like to use the profile email address for your current account, here are the steps:
- Have an account owner or admin add the user to your account with the profile email address you want to use. You'll receive a sign-in or registration link to that email address.
- Sign in (or complete registration) with that user.
- Go to the profile and change the email address for that user to some other address. This should free up that email address.
- Sign out and sign back in as your current user. You can now update your profile email address.
- Finally, have the account owner or admin remove the user they added in Step 1.